• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Translating the Intel CPU OC Data

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AirFarce

Haven't been around for a while. Got miffed at the way AMD (All I Had) went socket crazy and just dropped out. Back now, running Intel and getting ready for another upgrade. Went to the OC data base looking for what has the best bang for the buck. No E6xxx or E4xxx listed, just FSB on P4s??? So how does an ignorant old fart use the data base now??? Look up all the Spec #s and hunt through it??? No listing as Conroe, Allendale, etc???

Sorry about the problems with the database.
It's been down a while & still undergoing changes from Skip.

There are a couple of Threads around about the new C2D's
and what is working best for people.

Intel CPU Section and Intel Mobo Section would be the best place to start.

Don't post much huh? "New Member ... since 2001" ;)

If you need to go cheap, the E4xxx's seem to be overclocking to over 3GHz fairly easily. Right now, IMO, the E6420 is the best buy. It has 4MB of cache and is hitting 3.2 GHz on decent voltage pretty consistently.

Burdman27911 said:
the E6420 is the best buy. It has 4MB of cache and is hitting 3.2 GHz on decent voltage pretty consistently.
As long as you don't get an L644Gxxx (like me). :bang head :mad:

I'll be lucky if I break 3GHz. Looking into options to swap/exchange with a better batch.

Heh, I'm really hoping I don't end up getting a L644G when mine comes in. Unfortunately, sremick, you're the only one I can think of off of the top of my head who can't hit at least 3ghz on the E6420.

sremick said:
As long as you don't get an L644Gxxx (like me). :bang head :mad:

I'll be lucky if I break 3GHz. Looking into options to swap/exchange with a better batch.
i think something else is at play here.. dont take this wrong but the 9500 sucks for cooling when your ocing. if you just running stock speeds then yea it fine....i think your temps are affecting you oc then the cpu itself, you could umm let me borrow it :santa:

When looking on XS, there were some who where stuck around the same clocks, while others who had L644G's were clocking 3.2GHz at 1.35v. So it seems not all 44G's are bad.

Burdman27911 said:
Unfortunately, sremick, you're the only one I can think of off of the top of my head who can't hit at least 3ghz on the E6420.
I've just recently been able to break 3GHz. Seems they take some burn-in to get to max potential. But it's still a lot more volts for a lot less return. I think I'm on 1.475 (BIOS, 1.41V or so actual after Vdroop) just to get to 3.08GHz and running Orthos now to see just how stable (I just bumped up to 1.475V from the previous volt tier because Orthos failed).

And Evilsizer... TAT only reports like 40-41C core temps under full Orthos load so I think I'm ok. ;) And I have a 9700LED, not a 9500.

just got a E6420 from zipzoomfly in today. First Intel cpu since I bought a 2.6 P4C.

Batch #: L649G593
Pack Date: 04/03/07
Malaysia

any info on this batch # or pack date?

Last edited:
Back