• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars? Can they steal the namee from Wolfenstein like that?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TommyHolly

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars? Can they steal the namee from Wolfenstein like that?

WTF? How can Quake steal the name "Enemy Territory" for thier new game coming out? I thought that the name is already taken by Activision for thier gam called "Enemy Territory: Return to Castle Wolfenstein"
:confused:

It took about 2 hours of watching video clips off of thier website...

This is basically the "sequel" to Enemy Territory!! They even used the exact same voice for "Congratulations on your promotion" which means you will improve your skills as you play. Thats what made the original game so great!

The exact same guys that made the original game made this.

Obviously you haven't done your research, Quake Wars is something of a spiritual sequel. They just moved it to the world of Strogg vs Humans since as Oni said, id owns both Wolfenstein and Quake intellectual properties.

I said "Basically" the sequel... They mentioned the term "Spiritual sequel" in the video but since I speak American English I thought that describing it that way was kinda gay. And I did say it was the exact same guys designing it.

Dear god, please give me a Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2. Please please please. With modern shaders and lighting, directx 10, explosions, nazis, flamethowers and all of the things that made RtCW great.

Seven said:
Dear god, please give me a Return to Castle Wolfenstein 2. Please please please. With modern shaders and lighting, directx 10, explosions, nazis, flamethowers and all of the things that made RtCW great.

I was hoping for the exact same thing...
Unfortunately I remember reading an article about a year or 2 ago talking about how Activision beleives that the whole WWII themed games are way overdone and there are just too many of them out there for them to put money into developing another WWII game.

Back