• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Halo 3: "So What?"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
funny I thought what the first guys comment about the graphics not being stand out when I saw all the multi-player movies. It looks like Halo 2....side by side I'm sure I'll see a difference but on it's own it wasn't standing out to me either. Of course I'm not a G-hoe so even if it looks like a highly polished version of Halo 2, and the story and game play is tight it would still make me want a 360.

btw this should be in console sub-section.

Yep, it looks like Halo and Halo 2 in a more updated form. But I ask, why shouldn't it? Why should it look like Gears of War if it's not Gears of War? The thing that got me excited about the game when looking at the videos was the gameplay... not necessarily the graphics.

It does look very much like Halo 2 in a lot of ways. I had this feeling back when H2 came out that the two games would be running on the same engine, that Bungie was designing the H3 engine, and that H2 would be run on a dumbed down version of it. It appears I wasn't too far off base. /shrug

If the multiplayer is up to par and the gameplay is equal to the last two and the story is good people will still go ape poo over it.

Heck, even if the multiplayer is good and the rest sucks people will still go nuts over it, but if the SP is good and the story is great, it will be an instant classic.

We shall see.

So what indeed..... To me all the FPS games are too similar and that's why I don't play them. Run around a maze, solve a puzzle, pull a trigger and find the exit/fight a boss. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

FudgeNuggets said:
So what indeed..... To me all the FPS games are too similar and that's why I don't play them. Run around a maze, solve a puzzle, pull a trigger and find the exit/fight a boss. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Its the same for all games. Once you've played 10 minutes of any game you've seen atleast 90% of it.

H3 single player atleast should be very much story driven and if the story is good it will keep me interested.

YellowDart said:
It does look very much like Halo 2 in a lot of ways. I had this feeling back when H2 came out that the two games would be running on the same engine, that Bungie was designing the H3 engine, and that H2 would be run on a dumbed down version of it. It appears I wasn't too far off base. /shrug

Yeah I remember people saying that H2 might have been an early build of a H3 engine, especially with the amount of texture pop-in on faces during cut scenes it didn't feel optimized in it's current release for that hardware. But thats ok...

Rozal said:
Have you guys been watching Youtube videos or something? Watch the gameplay again in HD

I looks about the same as COD3, better terrain and buildings, but worse character and weapon models.

screenshot_177714.jpg

screenshot_177711.jpg

halo3comp1.jpg

Yea! Looks exactly like Halo 2!

Um...art styles look similar, largely because characters, places, and weapons are the same.

And, the picture quality is pretty sorry.

But, beyond that they look drastically different to me. Much more dynamic lighting, rounded edges and more detailed geometry, much more advanced texturing. The maps are completely redrawn, obviously. Also figure on HD resolution... When you put both of these games running on an HDTV they won't even be comparable in quality.

Back