• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing Multiplier Lock for Socket A Sempron 3000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muhon_zen

Is it possible? I read this: http://www.emboss.co.nz/amdmults/ and it shows how to do it for Athlons. My Sempron is Barton Core, so I guess it may work. Any ideas? If it works, which mod is the best for me? (Without the mod I can reach 2.4GHz with 12x200MHz, but I wanna know what's the max overclock this Sempron can give me... would it be possible to reach 15x200MHz = 3GHz)?

Early Athlon XP's could be changed, but I'm almost positive your Sempron is 'super-locked'. Meaning there is not way to change the multiplier.

That is what the article I linked is supposed to have overcome. It does have its limitations (does not work on NF2 boards, which eliminates the majority of good board options), but it has been done on Barton core processors.

Yeah, most of us that have XPs are also running NF2 boards so while it may be possible, as a practical matter, it has little value.

Back