• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flickering?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Masako

Registered
I recently purchased a brand new GeForce2 GTS to replace my geforce2 MX (original) and its been good so far but today I decided to overclock it... I set it at 220/380 and no stability problems but in MoH:AA demo I seem to get black flickering near light sources... the hud etc stay intact but the screen flickers black or stays black for a bit and this only seems to be since I overclocked... I overclocked gradually and as I said no stability problems at all the game runs fast but I get this unusual flickering... With the 22.80 drivers you cant use coolbits registry tweak so I installed GeForce tweak utility to activate it and then overclocked via coolbits. Note: I recently formated and just got my new video card the day I formated so Im not to familiar with how it handles. Also note there is plenty of cooling (Slot fan and "The card cooler"). If you have any questions just ask... I would test other games but since I just formated havent had a chance to get everything up and running...

I'm the farthest thing from an expert, heck I am just starting out at this OC thing myself :D, but I'd try tuning the Hz on your monitor first. Some older CRTs will not run at 75.

And as always, check the cable connex to make sure it's not loose.

Then try tuning down the OC one notch at a time until there are no artifacts or flickering and not too much heat.

Good luck!

Back