• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need help overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OverclockNnooby

I have a pII 233 Dell dimension xp. I have windows 2000 professional and 96 megabytes of ram. Also i have a voodoo3 3000 16mb agp video card. I want to know what I have to do to extend my systems capability. I guess u can boost the megahertz it runs at. I have no idea how but I would like to know. Could anyone experienced tell me what I have to do? In advance I would like to say Please and Thank you. :)

Hmmmm... you have a nice system there for OCing... unfortunately, if your Dell is like mine, it's not gonna work. Dells use modified boards produced by Intel specifically for them which are not overclockable. Since that's a bit older than mine, you might have a shot; look in your manual for jumpers that would change the front side bus (or multiplier, either one should work). If there's no luck there, you might be able to download a program called "SoftFSB" from the downloads section of www.cnet.com, I recall seeing some Dimension XP's in there, maybe your motherboard/computer model is listed in there. Good luck!

Try looking for jumpers around your CPU that can be your shot to overclocking as well as your multipliers maybe locked or unlocked depends whether it was a new one or an old one.

Yea read the readme because it'll explain everything that we can't explain since that program is old now..

You'll have to look a number on the chip... and see if it supports your mobo.

Back