• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

q6600 & wprime 1024

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blindfitter

Hi,

Been running 1024wprime with my GO6600,

Getting some good results but cpu3 is letting me down - 12 and 4 finish around 308 sec, but cpu3 is taking 328sec, any clues or is it just the way it is?

wPrime 1024m - 5min 28sec 230ms - blindfitter (Extreme Prometeia) - (Core 2 Q6600 (2.4Gh... @ 4374mhz)

Dunno, I notice one of my two cores tends to be a little slower too. Probably the nature of the beast. Same with using 4 sticks of RAM. You run the chance that one is an under-performer.

We could use your quad core on the team. Are you running the benchmarks to join? Hope so. Oh yeah, welcome to the forum. Wait, if that's your score you posted, I guess you already are on a team.

Welcome to the forums blindfitter. I have the same thing with my QX6700 you could try a little bit more vcore. Also that is a very nice time.

Have you tried any other benchmarks that is a very good O/C for a quad.

Last edited:
Cheers and thanks guys, so we take what we are given and work with it.

quads fun, just run a 10sec wprime 32,

just put up a signature, and hbot thingy, if you want to see how the Q,s doing

u5048.jpg.png

dave

Hi Dave,

It's normal for one or two threads to finish before the others in wPrime....it's not your CPU ;)

Found this thread and decided to join the forum :)
Started fooling around with wPrime after OCing my Q6600 @ 3.150
Had the same exact issue Core 3 was lagging, got me going crazy since the gap keeps getting bigger.
Scaled the CPU back @ 2.4. Ran wPrime and nothing changed core 3 was still slacking.

Finally some peace of mind, thought something fishy was going with my Quad.
I guess its normal :)

Stick around and post a few results keencoder ;)

Nice time on that 6600 blind, how do you like LD's cooler?

Stick around and post a few results keencoder ;)

Nice time on that 6600 blind, how do you like LD's cooler?

LD cooler works fine, it was setup for 2core, but still holds this quad at around -38 to -40 under full load ie around 500watts out the wall (7950Gx2)

vcore on quad 1.5, current benching 4375mhz,

cheers Dave
u5048.jpg.png

Last edited:
Back