• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Summer CPU BBQ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds like there's an "or else" in there somewhere. :chair:

Pfewwwf for a minute there I thought you were gonna send the kick boxer after me. :clap:

I'll post something up in the lounge, this is a good one to keep in the team.

Good point. Any ol cheap SSD would work.
Even our favorite V300 :D

for benching even a 64gb ssd works, look for the best price on a used one. I have a 120gb in 2 partitins with windows installed on both partitions plus drivers and benches.

Devlos / 5820k / 6c12t / PiFast / 16.49
Devlos / 5820k / 6c12t / wPrime / 719.514
Devlos / 5820k / 6c12t / SuperPi / 484.022
Devlos / 5820k / 6c12t / GpuPi / 1850.928
Devlos Total = 3070.954

PiFast
image_id_1429856.png

wPrime
image_id_1429834.png

SuperPi
image_id_1429850.png

GpuPi
image_id_1429830.jpg

Silver_Pharaoh / FX 6300 / 6 Cores / SuperPi / 18m 07s 345ms

Not sure how you get the "score" Maybe I missed it somewhere?? :confused:
Spi_32M_1807345.PNG

You using the bulldozer conditioner, S/P?

I ran the x64 version, hit Fix errata, and switch NRAC blocking to disabled. Hit apply twice and closed it.
Unless I'm to leave it running in the background?

Also noticed a beta BIOS for this giga board.... Wonder if it'll help with "errata"

X64 Windows 7? If so that's your issue, SuperPi will be significantly quicker on XP 32.

hmmm, from our GPUPi tweaks thread it seams Win7-64 is the way to go. NO?

Ignore the man behind the curtain, he's been drinking tonight! LOL

server2003 is also pretty good for superpi. out of the box its faster than xp, but you can tweak xp a bit more

I ran the x64 version, hit Fix errata, and switch NRAC blocking to disabled. Hit apply twice and closed it.
Unless I'm to leave it running in the background?

Also noticed a beta BIOS for this giga board.... Wonder if it'll help with "errata"

I would update to the beta BIOS... Gigabyte boards work better with a new BIOS ( BETA or Official ), but they can be unstable when pushed to hard:( I have the Gigabyte GA-790FXT(A)-UD5 and when I was using the last BETA BIOS release for the board, I could get some strange settings. During OCing the board would lockup, I would reboot and go back into the BIOS. The BIOS reported that MY X6 1100T had successfully booted into the BIOS @ 25GHz and some other extremely high NB/SB. I took a quick PIC with my Ipod but I still doubt that anyone would believe me:)

Not sure if we are allowed to post SuperPi scores with CPU cores disabled????
You will get an outstanding run ( for HWBot submitting ) if you can drop your 6300 to 2 cores and OC as high as you can get on the CPU and NB. SuperPi also likes Tight Ram Timings instead of Pure Bandwidth, this might be an AMD thing only????

Last edited:
Yep core disabling is fine Maddmutt

I would update to the beta BIOS... Gigabyte boards work better with a new BIOS ( BETA or Official ), but they can be unstable when pushed to hard:( I have the Gigabyte GA-790FXT(A)-UD5 and when I was using the last BETA BIOS release for the board, I could get some strange settings. During OCing the board would lockup, I would reboot and go back into the BIOS. The BIOS reported that MY X6 1100T had successfully booted into the BIOS @ 25GHz and some other extremely high NB/SB. I took a quick PIC with my Ipod but I still doubt that anyone would believe me:)

Not sure if we are allowed to post SuperPi scores with CPU cores disabled????
You will get an outstanding run ( for HWBot submitting ) if you can drop your 6300 to 2 cores and OC as high as you can get on the CPU and NB. SuperPi also likes Tight Ram Timings instead of Pure Bandwidth, this might be an AMD thing only????

Still debating weather to flash latest BIOS or not... :shrug:
I've also been wondering if it's better to have tighter timings or tight and fast RAM for Spi. Guess I know now ;)
Thanks for the tips mutt!

(PS check out your thread!)

Back