• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.9Ghz O/C on FX60, temps & settings okay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tdejony

I'm O/C'ing my FX60 to see what the highest but safe/stable O/C is that I can get and have some questions.

I have the chip O/C'd rite now at 2.925 Ghz and so far it is 11 hours stable using Orthos but i'm concerned. In order to get it this high I had to up the cpu voltage to 1.45 (CBI says 1.52 but I think thats incorrect) Is this a safe voltage for this chip?

I've been averaging about 69-60c (140f) temp on both cores through the Orthos stress test, is this a safe 100% load temp? What is a safe temp range for this chip?

Finally, are there other memory timings that I may benefit from?

Here are my hardware specs in case it helps:
Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI
CPU: AMD FX60 939 (LCBIE 0611UPAW)
225 FSB, 13x cpu multi, mem bus 146.5mhz, HT bus freq 900mhz.
Memory: 1 gig Corsair XMS CMX (512 x2), currently at 2.5-3-3-8 1T (stock voltage)

Can anyone suggest better CPU O/C settings? So far this setup is the only way I could get to 2.9Ghz stable.

Any help at all would be most appreciated, thanks.:beer:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 169
don't go over 1.5 v and 69c is too hot , i wouldn't go over 55c if you want to keep that processor for a while

I have been working with my FX60 lately and this was my experience. I got it to 3.05ghz but a little unstable and too warm 58-60c. That was at 2.996ghz and no problems running prime for an hour...(214*14) v.core 1.48-1.5v (9.9% over). The FX60 needs the extra juice to run much over stock it seems. As the last poster said...anything over 55c is too warm and you run the risk of frying the processor. I think you may be ok up to 1.5ish v.core in theory but as you raise vcore you raise your temps. Since you apparently already have heat issues 1.43vcore is a problem and your temps are going to hold you back unless you get better cooling. The highest I could go with 1.43v(6.6%) was 2.996ghz. I ran it at that for a while but have dropped it back to 2.912 ghz (208*14, vcore 1.43, mem 208, 2.65 v, temp at 100% load both cores 50-51c) to keep my temps down. I don't need the extra few mhz for performance.

Last edited:
Hey, I have a question about temps. I'm using Everest Pro to monitor temps and it lists several temps so i'm not sure which ones to watch for...

It lists CPU temp, that was 41c under load. But it also lists CPU Core 1 @ 57-60c, and CPU Core 2 @ 54-46c under load.

Which temps should I be watching? Which temps shouldnt go above 55c?

Thanks!

none of the core temps should reach 55c IMO at that clock anyways.

I never see 50c on either or any app.

Back