• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just bought some Corsair Dominator!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweak486Dx2

Well guys u can follow my build here...http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=529336

Well I just ditched the XMS2 ddr2800 and bought some XMS2 Dominator pc1066!!

So far I havent had to much overclocking this ram. WHATS THE DEAL?? I cant get an accurate reading on my voltage because of this GIGabyte mobo doesnt show the actual Vdimm voltage anywhere, just a 0.1+ Etc Etc.

Im guessing im at 2.3 but im afraid to go higher because I dont have that special fan that sits on top of the memory.

Heres a screen shot of my current settings and my current overclock.

Im memtesting right now at I think 2.3 and the memory is still warm to the touch and far from hot.

Memshot.jpg

Theres several reviews all over the internet about this ram and its ablity to run at up to 2.5

I dont get it I cant get this memory to post at anything over 1066 without giving it over 2.3?? And thats at 5-5-5-12!! 4-4-4-12 wont even boot???? Unless I give it like 2.4

Usually Ram like that runs at 2.2v fine and that is what it is supposed to be at. But if you go higher, you must be careful... I don't care if they are dominators or slaughterers. They still need proper cooling and testing.

GOODLUCK!!

Back