• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rezman5

Well...I just got done building my first computer. It's pretty sweet...have been reading around the boards for a while to get the best info on what parts to get. Look at sig and tell me what you think!

Looks like an excellent rig! Congrats on your first built computer. :) Feels good doesn't it!?!?

I just built my first rig this Sept which was a AMD 1.4, also. It's the first rig in my sig..hey that rhymed. I think I've built a new comp every month since then. It gets quite addicting. Now I'm up to my ears in parts and rigs. :D

May your computer give you many hours of joy!

I hope I can OC mine as well as you did!! What hsf are u using on your first rig? It feels really good! Was having troule at first installing XP...but it was just a bad CD-ROM drive, lol, drove me NUTS!!!

I'm using an AlphaPAL6035 with a delta. This thing is LOUD. I also have 5 case fans. It sounds like a plane is getting ready to take off in my room. I have to wear headphones while playing games. No kidding.

My PIII 800 rig had a bad keyboard. It took me half a day to figure it out. I would be able to move around in the bios, but when trying to hit f8 to reformat, nothing would happen. I thought it was my OS, which is Win2k. Drove me crazy, then I just felt plain stupid :p

Just ordered a glactor II, hopefully it will help my terrible CPU temps of 52C when at load. Getting Lian-Li case, but my case temp now is only 25C when Folding for hours. With new case, temps will be sooo low, and then I OC!!!!!!!!

P.S. Get windows XP, its great, but I heard Win2K is same thing. Had ME and it was aweful, the thing can't network for its life

You'll be sitting cool and not too loud with your new GlaciatorII. Good choice.

btw, let us know how your Shuttle overclocks. I'm thinking about getting one.

Back