• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Underclock Commando memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deeppow

Had to switch out my mobo to use my backup ASUS Commando for awhile with lower speed memory. Been awhile and I forget how to use some of the settings.

In short, need to underclock my memory but don't see how. Looks like I can't run below 1:1 on this board and yet I don't remember that being a limit --- maybe because I didn't previously need to. :bang head

Thanks folks! :beer:

yea the only way to underclock your ram would be to have either a ATI or NV based board. as they allow unlinking of the ram, so that you could keep your ram at ddr2-800 or slower while you oc the cpu. P965 and newer dont have any thing lower then 1:1 ratios.

Thanks Evilsizer. Guess its time to change to my new (RMA'ed) 680i. Was waiting for a couple chipset water blocks for it that just came in. :beer:

Back