• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Racing Wheels.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UnrealAlex

My friend got me interested in a racing wheel and I was looking at the
Logitech Momo, which I can order for around $55 + sh/tax
26-128-006-04.jpg
And there's also the Logitech G25 which is $215 +sh/tax
26-104-028-01.jpg
It's suppose to be very realistic, with a 900 degree turning angle.

Anyone have either of these? I was hoping of playing GTR2/ProStreet/Dirt with one. I could save for the G25 if it's worth it or get the Momo, but if the momo is flimsy and more of a toy than I'd rather save for the G25.
Looking for some opinions.

the g25 is a pretty good wheel. I'd reccommend getting that as well as Live For Speed, Richard Burns Rally, and rFactor. Here's a video of Niels testing out the g25. it also comes with 3 pedals, paddle shifter and 6speed stick shift.

Best racing simulator is Live For Speed. 2nd best is Rfactor with the corvette c6 mod and 1979 F1 mod.

Best rally sim is Richard Burns Rally by far

Thing is, I don't even drive yet (Im 18, plan to get driver license this december), and I'm just looking to have fun. Do you think a MOMO will be enough for me or will it feel like a cheap toy and not be realistic at all? I just want to have fun, race, do drifts but if the Momo just lets me swing around a wheel without any realism, I'd rather save up for the G25. Not exactly a pro racer here =P

I have a G25 that I use with LFS, and I love it. The shifter and clutch blow any other wheel near that price range out of the water. The only way you are going to get something better that then G25 is to pay at least twice as much for a custom job (there are some nice ones out there that use the drivinf force, or G25 motors modified).

I stepped up to this from a MOMO which at the time I liked. It is not a good simulation of real world driving, but you do get a bit of force feedback, and a wheel as a controller. The short rotation kinda sux, but if you aren't even driving yet you won't even care. Once you start driving, if you take it seriously, you will hate the feel of the MOMO and want something better.

So yeah, if you have the money don't hesitate to spend it on the G25.

The DFP is a good one if you are not wanting to spend the money for the G25. I forgot about it, thanks for mentioning it HBB.

The all around feel of the G25 is much better. If you are thinking about it that much then you might as well hold out for it b/c you will be buying it down the road anyway.

G25 video, pretty awesome.
I've decided to get the G25, but on a youtube comment someone said there's a new model coming out? you guys know anything about that?
yeah there's supposedly a Wheel made specifically for gt5 that's coming out. (it'll probably work for the pc as well)

Kazunouri Yamauchi said he liked the G25, but that it could be improved... We havent seen any pics of this GT5 wheel so i have no clue how long it will be till it comes out.

Back