• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sim Racing Set Up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Curious, with all that you have purchased and put together, why no Vive? All the major sims support VR modes, and from what I have read and seen, all the fanatical sim racers swear by it. At the very least, a triple monitor and/or TrackIR setup would also be a boon.

The simple answer is I am not a fanatical sim racer, VR may be in the cards one day, but for now the single screen will be just fine

I built this simply because I was too cheap to buy a prefabricated one and the new pedal set I got needs to be fastened down as opposed to my old Logitech set

The guys I race with and myself included just have fun, drink a few beers run a few races.

Sim Racer.jpg

Last edited:
Plus VR is heavy on the head, sweaty and can cause motion sickness after a while. VR still has much to improve but one day it will be the best, until they do holodecks...

Made a little head way with this project this week,It was so hard to get in and out of I made a pedestal for it.

Huge design improvment, now it is like getting out of a typical seat

painting sucked up a lot of time and paint, that wood and MDF just drinks it, need two coats just to make i look like you painted it at all.

Should have primed it for sure, but everything has four coats ......... :-/

Still need to get the Vesa mount and the screen set up, also have to paint and mount the shiftier piece

Getting close to the finish line ..... :thup:

However I under estimated how much room this was going to take up so none of my tables are going to work

DOH !!!!!

So now I completely have to remodel my computer area. Ordered some custom formica that should be delivered in about two weeks

A few pics of the assembly :)

DSCF3013.JPG

DSCF3014.JPG

DSCF3015.JPG

DSCF3017.JPG

Last edited:
Oh hell yeah, I think you should put a roll cage on it Witchy!!!!! :D Love it, nice work.

Project is complete, Fanatec hardware, beer holder in place, all painting done, cordless mouse and keys and 49" 4K goodness

DSCF3018.JPG

DSCF3019.JPG

DSCF3020.JPG

Very nice! I'm chuckling though because I thought you were going to put a shifter where you put your cupholder.

I'm disappointed, that sim rig is way to nice to be playing arcade games like forza...

I'm disappointed, that sim rig is way to nice to be playing arcade games like forza...

Especially with that direct drive hub. I can't even justify the $250ish for a Thrustmaster FFB wheel set for the little I play racing/driving sims, and OP gets a $500 hub, $160 wheel, and $200 pedals, not to forget a racing chair as well.

You sir, are most definitely only a few steps behind the typical sim racing fanatic. :beer:

Its all good, it really take it to the next level and heightens the overall experience.

I also play Assetto Corsa that is a better sim than MS7, but there is no denying MS7 is a lot of fun to just jump in a McLaren Senna and roll on the track and tear it up :thup:

May be looking in iRacing eventually , we will see what happens

Fantastic Witchy! I will say looking at it, when you have excess cash I see a curved monitor in your future. :)

I have to say the screen is very immersive when racing, I know a lot of guys run tri monitors for racing, but I am pretty happy with it

The LG SK8000 in game mode has acceptable input speed and the 2180 Ti is providing better than 60 FPS at 4k with all eye candy maxed out.

Camera does not do the picture justice, it is drop dead gorgeous :)

I've seen some of the things you've built Witchy. I'm sure in person it's stunning. I know I'd be fine with the screen as is, just looking at it visually, that seems to be the only thing missing. Again aesthetics and nit picking, I'm really jealous actually. :D

It all good bro ......... :)

Just ran a few in my brand new VW Sirocco...... :rofl:

If it were there a few years back I may not have been running benchmarks!!!!!!

Back