• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cursed PC!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

night8jim

I have posted a few times about a silent system i built, and it was very similar spec to my rig in sig, how ever i never got this to ever work. It just wouldnt instal any OS wit out a blue screen, anyways after trying every part i decided to buy a new motherboard an CPU.

Which are;

AMD 6400+ X2 Black Edition
M2N SLI Deluxe

i have built the PC once again, and have managed to get an OS on there this time :beer:, but my drives will not work propably, meaning i cant install anything on there, in have vista on one drive and XP on anouther, yest still no look.

I posted here: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=538519

But i thought it would be better in here, can anyone help me?

Is this PC just cursed? lol

Whats the rest of the parts? It sounds like it could be any number of things.. dying hard drive... bad ram... bad PSU... Id check the ram with memtest firstly since you probably used the same memory in both builds.

Whats the rest of the parts? It sounds like it could be any number of things.. dying hard drive... bad ram... bad PSU... Id check the ram with memtest firstly since you probably used the same memory in both builds.

Full specs are:

AMD 6400+ X2 Black Edition
M2N SLI Deluxe
4x1Gb Geil DDR800
Asus 2400PRO
2 x 500Gb WD
1 x Plextor PX 800A
1 x Samsung DVD rw
500w Zalmon Heat Pipe PSU

I have put in the ram from my sig, and still has made no differance at all, for some reason the memory is running at DDR400 too, and as soon as i change any setting in BIOS like that it wont boot, so have to reset!

Thx

Try with only 2 gig Ram and install Windows see if boots then shutdown put second 2 gig ram, that seemed to work on a friend of mines PC

c'mon though look at the psu lol, i wouldnt run that psu...

choose a decent psu and try again. but it also, like the other poster says, sounds like a dying hard drives. Pc's arent cursed.

yeah go back to basics. One HDD (if not using raid), GPU, one stick of ram and nothing else. See if you get problems then.

Also i assume you were trying to run COD4 there with Graphics drivers, and lastest DX9?

yeah go back to basics. One HDD (if not using raid), GPU, one stick of ram and nothing else. See if you get problems then.

Also i assume you were trying to run COD4 there with Graphics drivers, and lastest DX9?

Right i have tried all combinations with memory even put in my ram. I have two hard drives and they are both brand new, i have installed XP on one and VISTA on the other, on both the drives run really slow, I not trying to play games on it i do that on mine main system that was just an example of installation trouble.

I will try PSU next, hopefully that works, thx for the help.

Any more ideas if it doesnt??

Right swapped PSu with my Hiper 580w PSU, i know it not the best PSU but if it can run my system in my rig @3.6Ghz it should power this thing up. Still drives running slow, have installed about 5 times now trying diff things, took of the RAID array still no luck :(

Back