• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ntune questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Precision

3Dmark Team Member
Ok, So I am using Ntune now since they decided coolbits was a bit too easy or something :bang head Anyways, I would like to keep ntune from messing with my CPU overclocking/motherboard. Anyone want to give me a quick way on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

oooo... everything that i have ever read says to NOT install ntune...

i would uninstall it and overclock with rivatuner and use the bios for the rest...

oooo... everything that i have ever read says to NOT install ntune...

i would uninstall it and overclock with rivatuner and use the bios for the rest...

ntune is fine for a driver-level OC of your GPU... but as ChinStrap noted, it should -never- be used for OCing the rest of your computer.

Use and learn your BIOS settings. They'll be the best way to get the most out of your parts.

ntune is fine for a driver-level OC of your GPU... but as ChinStrap noted, it should -never- be used for OCing the rest of your computer.

Use and learn your BIOS settings. They'll be the best way to get the most out of your parts.

That's exactly what I am trying to do. Stop Ntune from messing with my overclock in my BIOS. Software overclocking you're motherboard settings is just bad. Period

NTune shouldn't do anything with your current overclock. I've had ntune installed in my computer just so I could easily clock my GPU. It doesn't affect my current OC in my computer. Not sure why you are asking how to stop nTune from doing that because i cant even OC my PC using nTune. It doesn't display the right stuff either, probably because I have 64-Bit Vista.

Edit: According to nTune my system is running at almost 7GHz. I would love to have that!

I don't know what is going on with yours. I have since taken Ntune off my system and use Riva now, but I had clocks turned back because i had my computer in a warmer room. I set them back, and Ntune took my settings back to what they were in the warm room. (i checked with CPU-Z)

Back