• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

strange problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vazz

specs:
CPU: E6550
PSU: PC Power and Cooling Silencer 610
GPU: 2 8800 GT in SLI
Ram: Patriot Extreme 4x1 ddr800 4-4-4-12
mobo: evga sli 680 SE
HDD: WD Cavaliar 250g
internet connection: DSL. have a computer downstairs that is the gateway, me and my brother connect to it to get our connection.

ok the said specs above is the computer i am currently using and for some strange reason i get a higher latency on applications ( games, downloads, ventrillo)then my brother, who's computer is a room away. i really have no idea on what this could be besides maybe a driver bug or something.

for sake of comparing, in ventrillo i get from 150-200 ping (nothing downloading, no p2p programs, nothing) and my brother gets 75-90( same no thing downloading) which is what i used to get before i used this computer.

also i noticed that under network connections that the activity of the connection that my net comes through blinks on and off every 3-5 seconds. dont really know if it is supposed to be sold or not

thanks,

Vazz

What kind of network is it? If it is wired I would check cabling to make sure there are no kinks in the cable and that it steers clear of any ac lines in the house. If it is wireless you may have something interfering with your connection that is not affecting your brother. Also, if its wireless check the signal strength.

its wired. there is nothing interfering with the cable.

Try a different cable and switch ports on the switch or hub you are using.

A software trick I learned that fixes a range of problems, use device manager to uninstall and re-install the drivers.

ok i tried that, i get the same problem occuring : /. could this problem be from bad motherboard drivers...myabe?

Back