• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 9600 Black Edition Phenom Results....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
Well everything just got here I have about 2 hours before the smp unit finishes before I can start the build....:bang head I have already started building my backup so as soon as the unit is done I just have to pull the mobo and do a switch aroe.

Parts

1. MSI K9A2 Platinum Motherboard
2. 9600BE (CAAWB AA 0748DPGW)
3. gskill pc6400 2x1gb GBHZ
4. 620HX corsair
5. evga 8800gt SC

results...

super pi = 28 sec once but didn't ss it
one 2653 smp client wu = -20 hours
3dmark 05 = 16k
sandra mem bandwidth = 11953/11923mbs

test.JPG

Last edited:
I would like to see how this preforms.

Can i request.

super pi 1m and 8m
3dmark 06
Aquamark
Sandra Arthmetic

you sure can and I will run them ASAP as I like to make sure my OS is set up properly and TBO it takes 2-3 install for me to do it right sometimes :D

will 05 wor/k?

yeah that will work. I would like to see how she stacks upto a stock Q6600 and Q6700 and how she oc's.

I hope you hit 3.0Ghz+

yeah that will work. I would like to see how she stacks upto a stock Q6600 and Q6700 and how she oc's.

I hope you hit 3.0Ghz+

also want to see this, gona build my girl a new pc with tax moneys and she likes amd, but im a intel guy :p

So i take it the kid on newegg who said hes at 2.8ghz stable is bs'ing? lol i love newegg reviews.

we shall see off to see the wizard after I eat...

Keep in mind my visit to the wizard may take a while I have to eat, baby the baby :D, move my main components to my secondary case make sure it's up and running then build my main with what the wizard gave me :D

I want to see how it compares in everything to my X2 3600+ @ 2.9GHz.

As the 8800GT SC isn't far off my 8800GT 256MB.

*I hope* to see a large increase increase in synthetic and real world performance.

I just want to request Crysis and 3dmark benchmarks :)

Last edited:
well I'm on the secondary up and running putting together the system now.....

no mixing ram just 2 set's for T&E.

On the desktop now but I think I need to do a fresh install as this isn't even a reinstall.....

In HW-Manager, go to the Processor and force it to load new drivers. It's going to be stuck on a dualie. You may have to force windas to take it as an AMD quad from the manual list.

Ok results don't look bad and also gonna prime and get some sleep probably monday I will post up my 1st SS... I just gotta figure out Y I can change ram VDDIM...

it took it all 4 are under device manger/processor...

I can prime at 1.3ish 12.5x200 np gotta see if I can get a 13 or 14x muilt working before I set prime for the night.

Back