• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 9600 Black Edition Phenom Results....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well things could be changing I think I figured out a better setting :D

darn this thing is tricky but look at the ht link and nb freq.
http://www.jonspd.com/jonspd_uploads/screenies/248.JPG

Ok well just in case anyone wondering I'm doing all of this on a stock cooler and my thermalright RM am2 adapter will be here sat or monday and I should be able to see in hopes of a 100 mhz increase after I add alittle vcore to it.

2.6ghz and 1.45vcore is all I fell safe atm as 50c is kinda high loaded IMO.

I'm gonna shot for 2.7+ and 1.5 vcore and see what happens when it get's here...

Last edited:
Up for new screen shot of almost 12k mbs with a 1088 mem speed and 272 fsb.

stock cooler doesn't really help things (adapter should be here soon) I posted screen shot on the 1st post of the thread...

no 2.6ish seems to be my max I will allow my temps to go to at 1.45v

my 6400 does 1m superpi in like 27

i thought with the extra cache phenoms would do a bit better, even with the lower clock

so you get what 29sec at around 3200 mhz?

the 2 extra cores is what it's all about IMO. Is there any other benchmarks you would like to compare with me sence you have a 6400? also if that is 3200mhz then there would be a 600mhz clock speed difference also.

My Pentium M @ 2.82 GHZ did a best of 26.922 secs SuperPi 1M, and at a stable 2.72 ghz does about 28.3 secs.
But then again, it is single core, 2m cache, and single threaded. There's a lot more to CPU performance than SuperPI.
Try playing around with Ram Speed and latency settings, can make significant improvements to the SuperPI result.

go here... http://www.ocforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147

some good multi-core benchmark tests there.

Last edited:
Well hopefully the clock speed of the cpu will be able to be raised after I get my cooler back installed....

XP-90c is now installed and getting 5c less temps loaded with .025 more vcore. Gonna let it run tonight for sure and will probably post up some more results sat or sun.

Till then I gotta let the AS5 get burnt alittle hehe

well I thought I was gonna play with it some more you can blame me not toying with it this weekend on my avatar :D

so u hit 2.65?

not fully stable...

2.62 is and working on 2.645 LOL I just want 2.7 as thats more of a even number. The bad part is once I get it stable at a certain speed I really dont want to try other combinations :D

2.6 is ok with a low fsb clock but 272 fsb is better with a 100mhz lower cpu clock.

All I can say if the b3 stepping add only 100-200 mhz better stability this thing is gonna be history.

There is to many combos that you can choice to run and its not like I had any AM2 experience I went from a opty 170 to this and unless I sit here clocking this thing for a week straight without sleep then I'm just gonna have to settle from time to time.

Been tring the burn-in process//

What vcore is that jonspd?

it in the picture in OP downer. 1.4

Last edited:
Back