• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 9600 Black Edition Phenom Results....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
looks like 2.6 max ish....

did get around 245 fsb but ht was low.....

will try and clock this thing asap btw wife is off today:D

looks like 2.6 max ish....

did get around 245 fsb but ht was low.....

will try and clock this thing asap btw wife is off today:D

nice, congrats on the quad, and enjoy the time with the wife, I'm kicking myself in the *** for not doing the same before mine left for Iraq....

Moral of the story: Don't take the things that mean the most to you in life for granted. :bang head

wow... no offence intended by this (after all... look where I am at midnight on a sunday night...) but if we were competeing for nerd points, and not folding points, I'd quit now :O

Ok this thing don't overclock but about 300 mhz at most as most people say but it will post and go to the loading screen without BSOD at 14x200 with 1.44.

The best superpi 1mb I have got just on clocking the cpu was about 28 secs. I have probably cleared cmos 50 times... I was about to get to desktop and run prime for about 15 mins at 244fsb but I can't figure out how I did that again :D

There is some kinda bottleneck for sure on the cpu not sure what it is as I have relaxed everything I can think of to make it get higher fsb as it doesn't see possible.

Gonna try a few different thing and will get back about results asap....

correct and the full potential doesn't fully appeal to me :D

I can run 13x200 2.6ghz at 1.39-1.41 vcore but changing the 13 to a 14 = no windows load even at 1.5vcore. So for now I'm gonna test 13x204 or 205 at 1.4vcore or less...

my board doesn't control each core either and I'm not trying AOD right now...

Right now at 11x233 with ram at 400 ddr2 800 I get less in super pi 1mb, and 3dmark 2005 then I did or can with my sig settings on my opty DC.

30sec superpi 1mb
16080 3dmark 2005

IMO there is to many numbers to have to change.

I could give you a for instance.

Just the cpu muilt can be ran 2 different ways.

you have 1 number which is the cpu fid

the you have a cpu did the did has 5 selections 1, 2 , 4, 8 and 10

the cpu fid has a selection from 0- 137 I think... might be 63.

cpu fid / cpu did = cpu muilt

to a extent, IF i select cpu fid 07 it = 11 x muilt when cpu did is at 1

08 = 11.5 muilt with did at 1 and so own.

so basically you have 0-137 fids and 5 dids with 0-36 vids which are vcore for cpu and vcore for NB

http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01935ki4.jpg

Yes the clocks are stable I can fold at around 2.45 and bench at around 2.6 is that gives you an idea of stable and not...

IMO 100-150 MHZ oc is crap.

Last edited:
OK gonna format this thing and try single channel different ram etc so as I stated max stable clock screen shot might be a will.

Its for sure faster then my opty 170 I just want to see if it can handle a game, 2 instance of fah while playing winamp...

OK gonna format this thing and try single channel different ram etc so as I stated max stable clock screen shot might be a will.

Its for sure faster then my opty 170 I just want to see if it can handle a game, 2 instance of fah while playing winamp...

Good luck. I'm very interested in the results. I started AMD and like to keep up with their progress. Haven't heard/read much out of the Phenom's yet.

Jon, looking at your boards voltage adjustments, that alone has made these 7xx series boards nice! Core for core at 2.4 the Phenom is faster than my 5600 at 2.8 in raw processing but when it comes to memory that drags the phenom down some. The cache makes a difference in a lot of cases though.

right I was able to run 10k MBs in sandra, super pi 32 mb = 28.04 mins, 1mb = 29 sec, Memory has not been tightened there for I know that mem band width can still go up some IMO...

results on 1 page.

dunno for 8 k to 10 k mem bandwidth is a gain for me for sure but there is nothing say it would run that 24-7

Back