• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel E6850 Freezing after bootup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainbowsixAUS

Registered
OK i have pulled my Intel E6850 out of my P5KC and put into my gaming rig Asus P5N32E - SLI and now after boot up it freezes. It usually takes about 2 mins. Once i have had the blue screen. error 00000124. I am a bit lost as why it is doing this. I can get into bios and all the temps are good. It is stock no overclock.

Well, two guesses:

1. Memory problem, try using just one stick to see if the freezing goes away, if not, swap them and try again.

2. Improper cpu seating resulting in high temps; improper ram seating; improper video card seating; improper voltage settings.

Ok here is the thing! Just to answer your question there was no improper seating or over voltage for both cpu's.Maybe it could be the ram? Anyhow I would of thought very unlikely to have the same solution for both cpu's. I have now put the E6700 back into the P5N32E-sli and everything is fine. When you boot up it recognise that there is a new cpu and then tells you to press F1 for setup.Pretty normal I think. Ok when i had the E6850 in the P5N32e- sli it didn't recognise a new cpu. Also the P5N32E- SLI has latest bios of 1302. Now when i had the E6700 in the P5KC it ran fine but it didn't recognise a ide dvd rom drive but recognise the sata drive. Which this systems has two. Also when i swapped CPU arounds both the systems came up with windows media network sharing not working. I am starting to think that the ASUS P5KC is only compatible with 1333 fsb and the ASUS P5N32E - SLI with 1066fsb. Even with both having latest bios.

Back