• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What are the chances?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bchur83

I bought 2x WD2500JD 250GB Sata drives about 2 years ago. Had great luck with them for about 1.5yrs. Lately they both have been having trouble. I first noticed CRC and Disk errors on one of them, so I RMAed that one. About a month after receiving the new drive, the mate started showing the same signs. Now within about 2 months I have had 4 RMAed drives. The replacements have only lasted about a month each. Now one of the replacements is again showing signs of failure. What are the chances of this happening?

I posted about this about a month ago: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=540857
I find it strange that this keeps happening so close to the end of the warranty. All of the replacements have been Refurb Drives. I think there is a conspiracy going on. I plan on calling WD to request a new drive as a replacement.

Any ideas what could be going on? My computer runs about 75% of the time during a normal week. The drives are set to shut off after 1hr of inactivity. They are only used as a temporary storage area for video files that I am working on. What am I doing wrong?

Well, one of my recently RMA'd drives just died on me, and I hardly used it. It is also a WDC 250gb drive, but its the WD2500KS.

Back