• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q6600 Temp ??? Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pat

I have a stupid ??? I just replaced my CPU chip from an E6600 to a Q6600 yesterday. I am reading tis temp from the Intel DeskTop Utility program. My Processor Thermo Margin went from 41*C to 60*C.

I purchased a used Asus P5N32-E SLI. It was dead (working RMA) had to purchase my Intel Board at a local Mom & PoP store. I was lazy & had them assembly it for me with thw E6600. My heat sink was so loose that I could turn it on the cpu.

I removed the M/B, replaced the CPU Chip with fresh A/S 5, & remounted the H/S snug so it would not twist around.

Is this temp increase acceptable? Do I need to reset the H/S with Shin-Etsu X23-7762 Thermal Compound?

I have plenty of airflow in my Lian Li PC 70 case. Case Fans are a 80 & 120 on the front, two 92 side intakes. The exhaust 120 & two 80. All of my fans are new Panaflo. My cpu fan is a Rexflo Pwmg running off of a fan controller turning 2000 rpm.

I am not overclocking yet!

Pat

The thermal margin in that program is how many degrees below maximum you are. Different CPUs have different max temps. To get the actual temp you need to know the maximal allowed temp for that chip and then subtract the margin from that.

So if you went from 41C below the maximum to 60C then you are running cooler and not hotter.

My Q6600 reaches 39-40 Celsius degrees on 100% usage and 30-32 on idle.
That's what Asus PC Probe II says. Hope it helps.

Back