• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which SLI mobo with good overclock? Recommend system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maninblack

Registered
Fallen in love with a 30" monitor and would like to play games as smooth as possible at 2560 x 1600. COD 4.
Thats why I thought SLI.
I also like video editing and desire fast cpu / ram system

Thats it, so to buy a new system, which board should I be starting with.
Currently an old ABIT AI7 and 3.4 hyperthreader P4.

Thanks Mark

if your building right away go with the 780i chipset.if you can hold off until march get a 790i chipset mb.

asus,msi,evga,xfx there are more but thats all that i can think of right off.id lean towards the evga for the customer support,they are top notch.msi has decent cs but very slow.asus flat out stinks.ive never dealt with xfx cs,so i cant give a real opinion.

Any manufactuerers and models to look at?, I am looking to spec a whole system ground up?
What mobos are on that chipsets?

Sorry i didn't see this right away, the 780FTW is EVGA only, If just a 780i I think general consensus would agree with still just choosing EVGA if only for the warranty and step-up program.

The only thing that turns me off about the 790i is the DDR3. Far too overpriced imo. Better to go with a DDR2 board, if it supports both all the better, you have options.

at 1:1 that memory will take you to 3.6 on the cpu(400fsb)maybe more if the memory is capable.if you need more than 400fsb id look at some micron or just go with faster memory altogether.

Back