• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Dominator 2x1gb PC8500 $49.99 AR @ Fry's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LilBuddy

Fry's has the Corsair Dominator PC8500 2x1gb kit for $89.99 - $40 MIR.

Newegg price is $119 - $40 MIR = $79.00

Pretty hot is you ask me. I really want it but it is too tall to fit under my GeminII HS.

As far as I know all Dominators were D9 while the rest of the line under it might or might not be, most non-Dom received ProMos/Elpida/etc. In fact I think every Corsair product PC2-8000 and up used Micron D9 chips other than the regular 8500C5 revision 2.0 or 2.1 which had I think Elpida or Infineon chips on it. Why I remember useless info like this I don't know.

So this is good stuff? Is this better than my Ballistix 8500?

It's good stuff but probably about the same in general as Ballistix. The PC2-6400 Domiators were not D9s but the higher ones should be. The advantage these have is the nice heatsink system which while I don't like some of the things Corsair does such as changing ICs constantly on a given product often (the initial review PC2-6400 Dominators had D9s then most production ones didn't) the Dominator heatsink system is a pretty good innovation over regular heatspreaders.

Fry's has the Corsair Dominator PC8500 2x1gb kit for $89.99 - $40 MIR.

Newegg price is $119 - $40 MIR = $79.00

Pretty hot is you ask me. I really want it but it is too tall to fit under my GeminII HS.

5516810 doesn't show up at outpost. So not internet available ...yet.

Might have to trade in the crucial ballistix PC6400 I bought on friday at Fry's Phoenix for it.

How does one find out if your sticks have D9 chips in them? I have the Ballistix DDR2 800MHz ones. I heard that they are but don't know for sure. Where can I find out. plzkthxbai!

How does one find out if your sticks have D9 chips in them? I have the Ballistix DDR2 800MHz ones. I heard that they are but don't know for sure. Where can I find out. plzkthxbai!

Look at the back of the stick

16fd3 is suppose to be D9

I got 16FD5 so I don't know on mine. I suspect all the D9's have been sold.

I suspect this is Corsair part number. If the same number has an F at the end ie c5df it has the fan module

TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

I wish there's a frys near where I live :[ I'm just green with envy!

I took one for the team and swapped the Ballistix and 5$ for it

It is TWIN2X2048-8500C5D Ver 1.2

Rebate ends on 2/26

Phoenix Fry's has 30 in stock

Last edited:
Frys Ad in store only

I saw this ad in the paper and was seriously considering it. I don't see it on the website though.

Many times the ads for Fry's are good for in store purchase's only. I have bought a lot of stuff there at our store in Fishers IN and many times the stores prices are different than the websites.

Many times the ads for Fry's are good for in store purchase's only. I have bought a lot of stuff there at our store in Fishers IN and many times the stores prices are different than the websites.

Thats a trek from Bburg to Fishers...

can't get there from here!

(ex indy resident)

Back