• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800GX2 Spotted @ CeBIT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Douken

Click on the image for original Source

IMO looks like a super computer video card of the 80's :D

I can't believe they put that fugly POS on display at Cebit and were proud of it.. You're right, it does look like something from the 80's. If I wasn't so far away, I'd go there myself and check it out.

What dissapoints me the most is that we again have a sandwiched dual GPU card (same as 7950GX2), why on earth are they not taking it the next step having dual GPU's on one PCB, that where IMO AMD has had the insight and possibly the upper hand this round.

What dissapoints me the most is that we again have a sandwiched dual GPU card (same as 7950GX2), why on earth are they not taking it the next step having dual GPU's on one PCB, that where IMO AMD has had the insight and possibly the upper hand this round.

I agree. This is an enthusiats card and this nVidia dual PCB design makes aftermarket cooling (both water and air) more difficult and expensive, vs the AMD 3870 X2 design.

The picture of this card reminds me of a TommyBoy quote. It looks like nVidia took a "dump in a box and mark(ed) it guaranteed."

I agree as well, I like the idea of mixing and matching any HD3000 series card in any x-fire configuration.

Is Nvidia even close to being able to do this? Mixing and matching any G92 core GPU would be insane.

I actually will take a step out there and say that I like the way it looks... I dont love it but I do like it

wait till evga, xfx, or bfg gets a hold of it... then well be talking sexy

That can't be right and/or functional. The fan grill is half overlapping the card and empty space...

the way the gx2 is supossedly setup is there is one heatsink sandwiched between 2 cards.. both cores and components that need cooling (ram and vregs also) face inward twords the center of the card.

My 2 cents: It looks functional and that's good enough for me. I know the 'pimp my PC' types with glowing windows and UV reactive slime running in hoses inside their machines won't be excited by it, but this will appeal to those of us who prefer something a little more 'grown up,' at least if they leave it simple like that. Remove the logos, even.

As for the connectors, I'm just gonna be using a DVI->VGA adapter anyway :p

Mr.Guvernment,

QFT. Palit makes some nice cards for sure. I think if people started buying Palit products, then we'd have a nice little race on our hands amongst evga, palit, and bfg :D

the way the gx2 is supossedly setup is there is one heatsink sandwiched between 2 cards.. both cores and components that need cooling (ram and vregs also) face inward twords the center of the card.

Well no wonder they have heat issues, where is the heat suppose to go if it gets trapped between 2 PCB's

From the enquirer:
"You can crank up the core frequency, but at least on the ones we have access too, memory goes all of a pittance higher, and shaders don't budge at all. If you push it as hard as you can go, you can just break 16K on 3DMark06."

Well my OC'd 8800GTS gets close to 16 k with a dualie :(

Back