• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDD LED test?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Abominable1

My HDD LED does not work and I'm not sure if the culprit is the LED or MB. Is there any way to artificially light the LED or test the MB's LED functionality?

Might as well flip it around to test it out, if you haven't done so already.

I've flipped it both ways, and still nothing. I doubt it blew from being flipped around because it never worked from the start.

EDIT: I just tried the HDD led it on the power connector pins, no light. I connected the power LED to the HDD LED, and it works.

DEAD LED

Are you sure the board doesn't have the space between the two actual pins you need to land the LED connector to? Many times I've had a case with a hard drive LED connector that was three pins wide(the middle is unused) and the motherboard's hard drive LED pins were right next to each other or vice-versa. I'd grab the appropriate connector out of an old case and cut it off and reattach the appropriate one.
EDIT: I just tried it on the power connector pins, no light. I have a blown LED, then?
Yep.

Alright, that was easier than I thought. Now to get in touch with Silverstone to see If I can order a new LED. My old case did not have any functional LED's.

Last edited:
Back