• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IP35-PRO Bios Save issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bchur83

I just got this board about a week ago. It is paired with 2GB Gskill Ram, a E6600, and a 650W Corsair PSU. The problem I am having is when I save my BIOS settings, the computer shuts off, then tries to turn on 2-4 times, but it is like it is shorting out the PSU. When it finally comes up, my settings werent saved. I thought to myself, maybe it is an incompatibility with my PCIe Raid Card, so I pulled it, and that seems to have worked. Now after reinstalling the RAID card, everything ran fine the way I had set when the card was removed, but I want to change a setting again. I tried it, and the same thing happened, and the settings were reset to stock. I removed the card thinking that would fix it so I could change the settings, then reinstall the card and everything would be fine. But, now it is doing the same thing without the card installed. I think it is a PSU or mobo issue. I have a spare PSU, so I will try that tomorrow. Any other ideas what it might be?

Not sure what else it could be but I had a problem similar to what your having and tried everything cleared CMOS flashed Bios everything and it ended up being a simple as replacing the Cmos battery. Hope that fixes the problem :bang head

Last edited:
Well I swapped PSUs last night back to my old Blue Storm 500W, and it didnt seem to make a difference. I did manage to get it to save about once out of 5 times, so now it seems to be working fine. I did read a couple of reviews on this board and there were a few others having the same problem with the BIOS not saving. They said they RMAed the board and that fixed the issue. I think I may be contacting Newegg about this and get it replaced.

I did reflash the BIOS when I first noticed this problem. I did manage to get it to save for a while, but now after I restarted, it reset again. I think I will be RMAing it.

Back