• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

warning tone indicating overheating, but not oc'd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

undefind

Registered
so i finally got my computer to work after RMA'ing my P5N-E SLI and getting an ABIT IP35 PRO. everything was going fine until i installed uguru and it started showing temps of 127 degrees. the thing is, the warning tone starts when i start the computer and shuts down before i can do anything. it was working just fine last night. i have everything zip tied out of the way and am fairly certain the heat sink is properly seated.

i was wondering if there is a known software problem with this that i can try out before popping out my CPU.

edit: i managed to uninstall uguru before it shut down but now it gives off the siren when im in windows only but not when i enter the BIOS. im sorry if i put this in the wrong section, but i figured since its the cpu overheating? i would put it here.

E8400
IP35 PRO
PCPC 610W Silencer
BFG Geforce 8800 GT OC 512MB
Corsair 4gb kit 800 pc2 6400 C5DHX

Last edited:
Go into safe mode and uninstall that Uguru crap. If you want to monitor temps and voltages, use Coretemp, Realtemp or Hardware Monitor.

Go into safe mode and uninstall that Uguru crap. If you want to monitor temps and voltages, use Coretemp, Realtemp or Hardware Monitor.

flashing the bios took care of it.

thank you for the help:)

Back