• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need to run something that has a virus...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any virus is a bad virus, unless it's business critical or contains very important information (whoever sent it to you in that condition should be shot btw :D) delete it.

Generally when a file is infected it's very doubtful that it can be completely recovered.

If Antivir could clean the virus off of the exe, it would. My guess is that you got rooked on the "file extractor" thing. My guess is that the "file extractor" is really a virus and not an extractor at all. Perhaps it never was an extractor. Social engineering got you to download a file that you *really* want and then gave you a virus to open it up with. Just my synical view.

I furhter think that AntiVir IS the program that you are looking for to remove the virus. You just don't like tha answer that it is giving you which is, the exe is a virus not merely infected with a virus.

If Antivir could clean the virus off of the exe, it would. My guess is that you got rooked on the "file extractor" thing. My guess is that the "file extractor" is really a virus and not an extractor at all. Perhaps it never was an extractor. Social engineering got you to download a file that you *really* want and then gave you a virus to open it up with. Just my synical view.

I furhter think that AntiVir IS the program that you are looking for to remove the virus. You just don't like tha answer that it is giving you which is, the exe is a virus not merely infected with a virus.

Truth.

Regardless, I'll still repeat for emphasis, don't knowingly unleash a virus on your system.

Back