• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

**stumbles in**

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dz_jad

Holy cow. Who put that stack of PS3s in the freaking doorway!?

Hey guys, whats up!? Long time since I've been around these parts. I've got a heredity class right now and I keep thinking of folding and such. Just yesterday (I think, maybe earlier) I was surfing Stanford's Official Site and noticed that the original GPU core had been dropped :( Sad day, since I was gonna finally gear up the card I have in my rig.
So, what should I gear up and start folding client wise now? I've got the rig in my sig, and it would be cool if I could run SMP, though this is my main rig, and I don't want to run into stability issues right now....any suggestions!?

It may be able to finish the smp WU's in time if it is overclocked alittle :D

PS3's can fold pretty good.

but a q6600 will get you the most PPD for a single rig.

I've got an an Opteron 165 @ 2.4ghz and it has been finishing SMP work units by the preferred deadline. I'm not sure about cache size on the 3800+ vs the Opteron 165 but I would think if you can get it stable at 2.4ghz your 3800+ should do the same.

With the 2665 you'll get around 700 ppd, the other work units I've gotten with that system average 950 ppd. Oh, and I'm new at this, not running the affinity changer, and still figuring things out so you can probably do a bit better than that. ;)

Good to see you around here again man. I just got an email notification that you messaged me on facebook, going to check it now :)

I know the windows SMP client used to be a bit shotty....is it still that way? I don't really have the time to get it up and running if it still is (had a HDD wipe earlier this year :( ) I'll just throw down a couple of single core clients until I get my head above water again :D

So, what should I gear up and start folding client wise now? I've got the rig in my sig, and it would be cool if I could run SMP, though this is my main rig, and I don't want to run into stability issues right now....any suggestions!?

I don't know much about AMD... SMP points are definitely worth the effort to try and see! You can always try out the "Step-by-step installation guide for SMP" sticky and see... I'd love to find out because if it works, I'll update the sticky for others.

Back