• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gt overclocking general questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackEdition

hey all,

three quick questions: 1) what is the max temp that you would run your 8800gt at? (under load)

2) when scanning for artifacts, will they be easy to spot? will it be easy to see that your graphics card has been pushed too far, and that you should back the clock up a bit?

3) can anyone tell me how (or where to look), to do a voltage soft mod to my gt to get it up to 1.1V core?

thanks!

1) Not just for 8800GT, but for any card its not a good practice to let it hit the 90C mark, even though some ppl are happy around ~82-88C, even though for some ppl that might be high. Id say anything under 80C under load in good enough for 8800GT. (mine gets to 75C max at load with the fan at 75%)

2) I have only checked for artifacts using ATi Tool. Dont know if theres any other software for it but usually its very easy to spot artifacts. You see yellow spots during the scan..some time they dont appear on screen but ATi Tool would reset the clock if it detects an artifact so thats a good indication too. Just make sure you run the test for atleast 40-45mins minimum.

3) No experience with that stuff. Sorry cant help.

I'd stay =<75c and see how far you can go on stock volts. While running furmark.
When running furmark the artifacts are pretty clear.

If you want to voltmod you better have good cooling... hmm... there's a thread saying how somewhere in the nVidia section...

You can easily do the 1.1v BIOS mod on the stock cooler. It gives a nice boost w/ very little temperature increase. Just run your fan at 60-80% fan (as loud as is comfortable).

You can follow this guide, but just get the latest versions of nvflash and nibitor.

Back