• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

super 4870?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow... a 4870 with a 950 clock would certainly kick ***, but woudl require super cooling..

Yes, it has already been posted before in several threads. It will be interesting to see if the reference design will be changed or not. I hope not, because that would mean we could get to those clocks with that BIOS. ;)

Yes, it has already been posted before in several threads. It will be interesting to see if the reference design will be changed or not. I hope not, because that would mean we could get to those clocks with that BIOS. ;)

It would be awesome, but being a "Black Edition" (that's how it's called I think) I suspect the PCB is going to be black (who would call a videocard Black Edition if it's red?) so it would mean a non-reference card...

Assuming this is true...
I wonder for what reason AMD would put any effort into a super-enthusiast card. Perhaps they feel some Nvidia fans won't respect their 4xxxs until they have something that can compete with the 2xxs. Maybe they're so confident with their new tech that they feel they have some breathing room to play around and test new markets.
Either way, DAAMIT wants to regain the market share they lost since Nvidia became dominant.

Firstly, I want to see a standard 4870 with truly unlocked bios and see how far people can push it on water. SECONDLY, I want to see the X2's.

stop announcing more things and start releasing them people ><

Just as I had not speculated...lol.. I'm going to go on a limb here and say that the VRM scheme of the X2 (half the scheme anyway) is going to be used on this new higher clocked card i.e addition of a phase or two. Also, I would expect a hefty premium (~$75+) on these.

Theoretically, with custom cooling solution, modification of power supply system and overclocking the ATI Radeon HD 4870 may leave behind much more expensive Nvidia GeForce GTX 280, but what should be kept in mind is that the latter may also be overclocked beyond its stock speeds as well.

Firstly, I want to see a standard 4870 with truly unlocked bios and see how far people can push it on water. SECONDLY, I want to see the X2's.

stop announcing more things and start releasing them people ><

Yes that's right.

Back