• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Really annoying vista icon problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

macstranded

For some reason whenever I download anything to the desktop the existing icons change size. Also my folder view seems to randomly change even though I have it set to "remember each folder's view settings" in the folder options. Anyone have any clue how to fix these problems?

Try resetting IE's settings... Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | "Advanced" tab | "Reset Internet Explorer settings" button | Close and re-open IE.

I have no clue about the icons, I dont no if it would help but you could try rebuilding the icon cache.

for the view settings its a known problem, it forgets a lot.

yes vista and 2008, you set a folders view and it forgets it almost EVERY tme for me, it is really dam annoying! why cant they make something like that work which i have never had an issue with since who knows when!

Try resetting IE's settings... Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | "Advanced" tab | "Reset Internet Explorer settings" button | Close and re-open IE.

How does that solve the icon size problem in Windows Explorer. I have the same problem where the view radomly changes.

Back