• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 80mm fans are too loud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trist007

Registered
Finally learned that the trick to getting a quiet computer is using big 120mm fans instead of 80mm fans. However, is there such a thing as a quiet 80mm? Which brand or product do you guys recommend? I know you can set the fan speed lower, but is there a quiet 80mm all around fan out there?

The size doesn't dictate the noise level. I have 120mm fans that are very loud. I also have 80mm fans that are very quiet.

You can shop around for nice fans (NewEgg, Petras Tech Shop, Jab-tech, etc).

Brands that I use exclusively: Delta (powerful), Panaflo (great quality), Yate Loon (cheap) and Zalman (quiet)

my 80mm and 120mm are "vantec stealth"
the 80mm max speed is 2050 RPM has 27CFM and 21dBA.
the 80mm and 120mm are double ball bearing.

the 120mm speed :2000RPM, 79CFM and 29.8 dBA.

they are good and not noisy. i dont have lots of money and cant order sincei dont have a card, so i get what i have at my local pc shop.

i say they are good to start.

7 volting or if you have decent quality fans you should be able to 5 volt them.

About as easy as you can get...And it is free.

After I got used to 120m/m fans almost all 80m/m fans seem loud...Even the L series Panaflo's which I consider the very best 80m/m fan that I have ever used get 7 volted.

You can find the L series Panaflo's all over the place cheap, cheap.

What case do you have ???

Some of the old style Antec, Chieftech are fairly easy to mount 92m/m fans in...Side cutter's...File and a hack saw blade with a couple of hours and 92's can be had.

I use stainless screws with stainless nylon lock nuts and they come out looking good and working way better than the 80's.

I still have one of the Antec AMG's that I use in my server...Fan's o plenty...LOL.

I would definately get the Pansonic Panaflo's L series...Best 80m/m out there.

In my humble opinion of course !!!!!!

I have never used the 80m/m Yates...But if they are like all 120's I have used then they are good fans indeed.

And for 2.50...Man you cant beat that with a bat.

Back