• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel BOXDX38BT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spyguy

I would like a quick opinion on this motherboard based on it's Overclocking ability.

I hoping to use Q6600 or Q9300.

Thank You!

Last edited:
Intel doesn't built a lot of boards with overclocking in mind. In fact, most don't overclock at all. From a quick search on the board, it seems it does overclock, but I wouldn't expect to get very much out of it.

You may want to consider other chipsets like p35, p45, and x48, depending on the rest of your system specs and your overclocking goals.

:welcome: to OCForums :)

I have seen a couple people with the X48 version and the results have been pretty good. In the past Intel have not been very OC friendly but has seemed to of turned a cheek with the X38/X48 chipsets. It would be interesting to see how it does but will certainly be a bit more of an unknown than Asus' or Gigabyte's boards that we have seen many times. It is a good looking board with the black PCB and no garish colors. Keep in mind a lot of the legacy connections are gonE, such as PS/2 and floppy.

Thanks guys! I just saw this great deal on eBay and wanted to see if it good enough.

Back