• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nehalam - OC problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albyno

It is rumoured that with intel the only manufacturer of Chipsets for Nehalam that it will be able to stop all overclocking on chips it does not feel we should overclock.

If this was to be true would intel not only be ****ing off all the enthusiest that currently OC their CPUs but also the Companies that allow us all to do this.?

If i cant buy an extreme CPU for $1000-1500 and AMD totaly sucks then im am going to be forced effectivly to buy a standard non overclocking CPU from intel. But if i cant OC it why would i go out and buy a TRUE or watercooling? or RAM designed for OC cos it reaches speeds u need to run a good OC?

I could see MANY companies being very angry with intel if there product line of Intel coolers was to totaly drop dead for this next generation. so that considered do ppl really think intel will go down this path?

im not that fussed i plan on skipping it unless my soon to be 8400/8600 simply gets too old and out dated.

Back