• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Last try to unlock of xp 1600+...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slick306

Well, this is my last try I just put the epoxy on the chip and I am letting it sit for an hour before I use the conductive pen. My attempts have mostly been, 7, and 11 multiplier. The last time I got only the 9.5 multiplier. So this is my last try for now, if I can't it unlocked I am caliing it quits for now. My system ran 100% stable at 153*10.5 My Memory was wrapped right out tho. I was hoping for xp 2000+ anyway. This is my last shot and I hope it works so I can actually use my computer again. I have had it all apart for a week!

Slick.

slick306 said:
Well, this is my last try I just put the epoxy on the chip and I am letting it sit for an hour before I use the conductive pen. My attempts have mostly been, 7, and 11 multiplier. The last time I got only the 9.5 multiplier. So this is my last try for now, if I can't it unlocked I am caliing it quits for now. My system ran 100% stable at 153*10.5 My Memory was wrapped right out tho. I was hoping for xp 2000+ anyway. This is my last shot and I hope it works so I can actually use my computer again. I have had it all apart for a week!

Slick.

You might be squeezing it a little to get to xp2000 on air. Good luck on the oc and let us know how it comes out.

People have gotten it to 2000+ on air. Just look at Tom. However, he did use a 1800+ or maybe it was a 1900+. Hope you get there.

Although I used super glue, it may still apply to epoxy. A reply as posted in an earlier thread;

>>After successfully unlocking several DURONs and T-BIRDs, I had a bit of a problem with my XP. I originally used super glue and a defroster repair kit. My first attempt yielded results similar to yours, I was able to get most multipliers but I wasn't satisfied. I redid them again that night and still wasn't satisfied. I think the late hour was taking it's toll by then.

A couple of days later I took the time to do it again, this time with better results. I decided to try something other than super glue and settled on clear nail polish. The nail polish is much easier to remove in the event of a mistake. I still used the defogger kit and after completing the "painting" I put a coat of polish over the bridges to help insure the integrity down the road. The results this time were, every multiplier between 6X and 13X with all of the .5's in between. One problem I have is that both the 14X and the 15X show as 10X, maybe just a BIOS issue.

Make sure that you have a strong light and examine the traces from several angles to make sure that they are complete. The use of a good magnifying glass is a prerequisite given the size of the bridges of this generation AMD processor. <<

Good Luck!

I gave up for now, later when I have more time I will.. Instead I lapped my 8045, and added a washer, but it's at stock right now... :( I will try in a few weeks again. I just want to use my comuter not have all the peices all over the place whileI am trying to unlock :)

slick306 said:
I gave up for now, later when I have more time I will.. Instead I lapped my 8045, and added a washer, but it's at stock right now... :( I will try in a few weeks again. I just want to use my comuter not have all the peices all over the place whileI am trying to unlock :)

It took me 3 times on my 1600+ to get it right. I spent three hours on the last attemp and got all of the mults out using nail polish and a defogger repair kit. I put about 7 coats of nail polich on, letting each one dry for about 10 min. After that I spent about 2 hours doing the bridges, in the end it was worth it. Don't give up yet, you just have to waste a bunch of time.... ;) Good luck!

Fiz

Yeah no kiddn, hehe. Well I am going to give it another try in a couple weeks when I have time.... I know I can do it, but it is a lot of work to keep unscrewing my heatsink all the time, man is it annoying! hehe.. But right now I am sitting at XP2000+ :) 10.5*157 temps are in mid 40's

Slick

Cool. I was thinking about getting one for my next system if I cant come up with money for a Lian Li server tower. Hows it been working for you? Do you have a window kit?

Man the case is so awesome... And has a very good price. It has two exahsut fans, two intake fans, and is spacious inside. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't have a pullout try. But it doesn't matter too much. It is a great case I would recommend it. Usually my case temp is about 26'c.. My computer isn't in the case right now and it says 28'c so in the case it runs cooler.

Slick

Back