• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmers

I have my Q6600 running stable at 3.4ghz (376x9). The only voltage I changed was my vcore which is at 1.36v. Every other setting I left to auto. Is this bad? If it's running stable should I touch my north bridge, or ram voltage? Thanks.

when left on auto the board will raise the voltages according to what i thinks it needs... it will always over estimate. You can probably lower your temps, increase the life of your board, and save some $$$ if you set them to what they need instead of over shooting them with auto.

I'd say just make sure your board isn't automatically raising other voltages way above stock, because it can often give them quite a bit more than they need. Other than that your vCore is excellent, you're a lucky one.

EDIT: Jim beat me :p

when left on auto the board will raise the voltages according to what i thinks it needs... it will always over estimate. You can probably lower your temps, increase the life of your board, and save some $$$ if you set them to what they need instead of over shooting them with auto.

Thanks, thats makes alot of sense. I'll play with the other settings. Any idea where my northbridge voltage should start at roughly?

I'd say just make sure your board isn't automatically raising other voltages way above stock, because it can often give them quite a bit more than they need. Other than that your vCore is excellent, you're a lucky one.

EDIT: Jim beat me :p

How can I tell if the voltages are above stock?

I've set my northbridge voltage to 1.10v and my ram to 1.8. P95 has been running since my last post. As far as I know those are the default voltages. It seems weird that my computer will run fine with stock voltages even though my FSB and vcore are higher. I figured I'd need to increase other voltages to be stable.

I have the same board you do. I've had nothing but issues if I change any of the voltages besides the CPU/RAM volts.

With that being said, I was able to push 2 boards (first one and this one) to 580 fsb with all voltages set to auto (except cpu/ram). There really is no need to tweak them unless you want to save every last milli-watt.

I have the same board you do. I've had nothing but issues if I change any of the voltages besides the CPU/RAM volts.

With that being said, I was able to push 2 boards (first one and this one) to 580 fsb with all voltages set to auto (except cpu/ram). There really is no need to tweak them unless you want to save every last milli-watt.

I changed all the voltages to their default voltage settings and its rock solid. I figured since my FSB is high I would need to increase the ram or north bridge, but I don't seem to have to (which seems weird). I'll just leave them at auto again since it was stable that way before. Thanks.

Back