• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

W2k3 sp2 - file shares randomly drop...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

Ok I really hope someone can help, I cannot seem to find a fix to this issue.

We have in our environment about 16 off site locations, all child domains of our main office. We have about 2 servers per location hosting DNS, Active directory, DHCP, and file shares. We have at three different sites 1 server at each site have started to drop file share connections randomly, and also when this happens it can take a very long time to log into that server as well as client machines will suffer long log in times. At each site each server is a different make, all HP but different ages. I've been attacking this problem thinking it's been DNS or active directory replication but I've combed over this many times and have blown out DNS and let it rebuild and nothing seems to fix it. Also all of our other sites have no problems with the same configuration. The main difference is that these three sites have the most users accessing shares. Sometimes it will take a week for this to happen, one of the servers is doing it almost every day. You reboot the server and all works fine, with no real event log to go from. Also one of the machines we stripped of of doing anything but file share, no DNS anymore, no AD anymore...and it still happens.....any ideas?

Back