• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dubblin HyperTransport

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Archer0915

"The Expert"
Been messin with a New 5200+ on TA790GX A2+ mobo was wondering what would happen if I made some adjustments to multipliers/dividers and maxed out hypertransport dose anyone have any ideas or should I clock and cook???

Well I guess I am on my own just did not want to cook anything in a fruitless venture . I think I will give it a little more thought and do some more searching.

You shouldn't cook anything, especially since the voltage adjustments don't go that high. You'll encounter instability or the inability to boot your machine before you kill anything.

That said it probably is kind of pointless. If you do try may I suggest running benchmarks comparing high htt vs low htt, then you'd have proof of just how pointless of an endeavor it was.

Yeah kinda hard to saturate the bandwidth I just figured that since the phenoms used the higher speed and the mobo is set up for it the board will be ok I don't like increasing voltage on the proc unless I am ready for a new one and considering I am only using 2 cores it might be a fruitless endeavor.

Back