• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

issues with playing WOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

salsa88

Okay I'm having three issues when I'm playing WOW on the rig in my sig. First I have a 50" plasma as my PC monitor and when ever I switch the input to watch TV for 20-30 mins I get a "Disconnected from server error" I check my network and I always have full signal. All my power options or set to not power down after no activity so idk why I'm getting DC'd. The next error Is after an hour or so WOW will freeze and when I click the X button to close it my comp freezes and I have to restart it. and now lately I've been playing and out of no where I'll get hit with the BSOD and everything shuts down. The error report says nothing other then windows had a error and had to shut down. Anyone have any suggestions?

I think problem 2 with the freeze could be due to overheat on the 4870x2. i heard that ATI has released horrible drivers for the 4870x2 :(

Erroneous.

1. The reason you are getting disconnected from the server is most likely because you are inactive for a good period of time. WOW does this to keep people from unnecessarily hogging space on already cluttered servers.

2. You need to get the most updated driver from ATI and do an absolutely clean install in order to stop the crashes. There were compatibility problems with the new shadow engine that was integrated into the newest update for wow pre-expansion. You had to either turn down shadows or leave it in windowed mode to keep the environment from going epileptic on you. And if you left it in windowed mode with the shadows turned all the way up, you were almost certain to crash. I also found that disabling Windows Aero while playing WOW helped this problem tremendously, but the number one solution was Catalyst 8.12 which specifically addresses the problem amongst other things in the release notes.

Hope that helps!

i think I'm going to have to boost the GPU fan to like 70% and take it off auto.
I was getting DC'd last night while a was playing Idk much about latancy could that have gotten me DC? I still had full signal on my Wifi when I got DC'd
any other Ideas?

Back