• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.7Ghz Pentium 4- OC to what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ERAUGrad04

Registered
A friend of mine has a 2.7Ghz Pentium 4 machine that we built 3-4years ago in college. He just brought the thing back to life and we were thinking about OC'ing it. The computer was built, so my hopes are that the computer has an OC compatable Mobo in it( I have not yet seen it since we built it 3-4 years ago and I have no idea what we put in it)

So, pending an OC compatable MOBO, what can this thing be pumped up to with aftermarket aircooling. For that matter, suggestions on a good P4 air cooler?

What settings would be a good place to start?

Sorry for my P4 ignorance. All of my OC experience is with my Q6600, and last time I checked, 1.3Vcore is not going to do a whole lot for a P4!

Thanks for the help!
ERAU

If you can figure out the PLL is on the mobo, you can use CpuCool to overclock it. I was just revamping an old dell for a friend, and was able to take it from 2.4 to 3.1.

Back