• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS 9800gt x 2 Question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnboy1998

Hi all

Can someone answer a couple of questions for me please? Been looking on Google for an answer!

I plan to get another Asus 9800gt G/C to run on my current mobo, however run into a few difficulties, firstly

How will two 9800gts run on my current board, as the boards ATI based?

and

I bought my ASUS 9800gt for £70 from a site a while back, but now I shop for same card £120 now, so question is can I just buy another ASUS 512mb card, or does it have to be the exact same model?

(I am ordering Corsair 620HX today so PSU not an issue!)
thanks guys

Thanks for the advice, yeah I thought that would be the case, so would you recommend the 260 or I could maybe get two radeon cards or one radeon then I can switch the boards sideport function on till I save for the second card?

P.s sorry about ati questions!

Ok so if it was you you would just get the 4870/4890 single card, and screw the Xfire setup! Running games at 1400*900 : )

thanks

Thanks for the advice, yeah I thought that would be the case, so would you recommend the 260 or I could maybe get two radeon cards or one radeon then I can switch the boards sideport function on till I save for the second card?

P.s sorry about ati questions!
Get a GTX260 216 or an HD4870 1GB card.

I doubt you will need the help of the onboard card with either of those mentioned.

Ok so if it was you you would just get the 4870/4890 single card, and screw the Xfire setup! Running games at 1400*900 : )

thanks
Jesus. Thats the res you are playing at? A single 260 or 4870 will easily handle that!!!!

ok guys thanks for the help as always! Will have a shop around for prices, cheers!

Back