• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Fav/The Best PS2 RPGs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

I have some of the best SNES RPGs, PSX RPGs....time for PS2....what are you guys favorite PS2 RPGs? A similar question, which are the BEST PS2 RPGs? Post up!

I liked Grandia 2 and Dark Chronicles, 2 of my best RPG's on PS2 I think I didn't like FF10 or X2 completed them both once and I never went on them again and I couldn't stand the sight of FF12 it looked rubbish and playing it for 4hrs I got serious bored.

What type of RPG?

Action RPG? such as the Kingdom Hearts series, Or more of the Turn based RPG style, such as Final Fantasy?

Either way, Kingdom hearts takes #1 for action RPG

and FF12 takes #1 for Turn based RPG.

AngelfireUk83 said:
I liked Grandia 2 and Dark Chronicles, 2 of my best RPG's on PS2 I think I didn't like FF10 or X2 completed them both once and I never went on them again and I couldn't stand the sight of FF12 it looked rubbish and playing it for 4hrs I got serious bored.

I have to agree with your statements of FF10 and 10-2. two of the WEAKEST Final Fantasy games. But personally, I LOVED FF12. And I think the game looks GREAT. The lowered the polygon count ( roughly half of what FF10 used ), but greatly increased the textures. After Seeing FF12, I seriously think developers should put some more focus into textures instead of putting all their power into the number of polygons in a game.

Starocean: Till the end of Time
Xenosaga: Episode 1 (episode 2 was complete rubbish, and never played episode 3 since I didn't want to ruin any of the story)

so as to list two of my fav's and possibly best rpgs for the ps2.

Action RPG? such as the Kingdom Hearts series, Or more of the Turn based RPG style, such as Final Fantasy?
FF12 could be turn based, or real time. I personally turned the waiting system off.

not in any particular order:

Odin Sphere
Xenosaga Series
FF10
Valkyrie Profile I & II
Star Ocean
Kingdom Hearts

Last edited:
I didn't play a lot of PS2 RPG's because my PS2 was short lived but both Kingdom Hearts were fantastic...the only real reason I bought a PS2 in the first place.

Back