• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Since rivatuner doesn't work with 185.85

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klear

Is everyone still using 182.50? Any recommendation on other drivers that might be better?

Last edited:
The x64 185.85 driverset works fine in RT as long as you follow the workaround explained here...

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=294967

Unwinder said:
Open <Power User> tab -> Press <Open database> button -> Browse for RivaTuner.rtd database file (located in the application root folder) -> Expand <System> node -> Ensure that <Hexadecimal display> button is NOT pressed (otherwise 18585 will be treated as a hexadecimal value instead of decimal one) -> Double click <ForceDriverVersion> and enter 18585

Would it possibly bring me more stability to buy 64bit? I'm using 32bit vista on everything.

Hah, I used that workaround anyway because I thought RT hated Win7. Didn't realize it was a problem with RT or the drivers.

I got rid of the 185.85s as it was killing my PPD. The 353 pointers were crunching less than 1/3rd the normal 5.7K as opposed to 1.6K, this on Vista X86. I am now back on 181.20 CUDAs and all is well again.:) That's good enough for me ATM. I don't mind bleeding edge, but if it don't work then revert!:)

BTW, I used the new eVGA Precision 1.7.1 and it worked great with 185.85, no need for a workaround but it lacked some details, still way better than the last one that I got with my cards. Multi GPU support, if you link both GPUs then OC is done for all with one change.

Last edited:
Back