• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heros of Newerth is ADDICTIVE.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

technoViking

So I just got invited into the beta by a friend and I never played DoTa just Demigod. But this game is so fun, I think its simplier than Demigod, not really much upgrades or anything like that. Mainly just hero based but still fun just because there are so many heros. I have no idea how they balance the game with all those heros but it seems to work.

When is it coming out?

I was kind of 'hardcore' into Savage2 but it gets repetitive pretty fast, so not much contact with the S2 devs lately.

One of my buddies asked the same question and I think demigod is a different game all together. This game you have a HELL of a lot of items, you also don't have any control points to capture. You don't have anything to upgrade but yourself. You have around 50 heros though to pick from so it makes game play not ever get boring because you have so many heros to pick from.

But the graphics are not nearly as nice as demigod and the game play is basically hero based. People I noticed are pretty much a**holes on this game though because its a complete DoTA CLONE so all the people who have been playing dota are playing this game and freak out. So that part of the game I don't like but all in all its a game that is worth a buy for sure if you like demigod at all.

I forgot to mention, now that I played it more, I find it a lot more fun than demigod, its much more fast pace I think as well.

Curious about two things:

1) You think this can run on a netbook? Specs seem similar to warcraft 3, but who knows.

2) If yes to 1), then you have any beta keys? :D

I do have a beta key, send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll give it to you. I also think it will run on a netbook.

If anybody has a Beta key PM Me please!

I would love to try this out as I am a total DotA lover.

ps2cho has reserved one from me, i'm awaiting his e-mail address before I can send it.

I have 2 more left, GIT EM WHILE THUR HAWT.

Reporting back after 1 game....

This game is unplayable on an Asus 1000HE. Lowest settings still got me about 5 FPS, which is especially bad in twitch RTSs like HoN.

Also, the patching system is totally bugged, as well as the game join/start/load. Sometimes you could join games, other times no. The game might start but you'll still see the lobby screen etc.

However, in game it plays just like DOTA. They changed some skills, moved some of the UI around, and made the shop system retarded (IMO, maybe I just don't understand it). Other than that, it's the exact same thing.

I guess I'll have to wait till I have access to my gaming desktop again to try this again.

Sorry guys all beta keys are gone!

That sucks blackout, my buddy has a 5 year old acer laptop that can barely run Age of the Empries 3 and this game runs on it.

I also havn't experienced any of the patching issues or joining the game issues. The load time on some games are long joining the game not sure why that is but other games are super fast. I think it pre-loads the map on join because once you pick heros and the game starts almost instantly there is no load time there so I think they put the load time on joining the game.

Sorry guys all beta keys are gone!

That sucks blackout, my buddy has a 5 year old acer laptop that can barely run Age of the Empries 3 and this game runs on it.

I also havn't experienced any of the patching issues or joining the game issues. The load time on some games are long joining the game not sure why that is but other games are super fast. I think it pre-loads the map on join because once you pick heros and the game starts almost instantly there is no load time there so I think they put the load time on joining the game.

I'm not sure if was due to my laptop or due the server issues S2 was having last night due to the patch fiasco, but it took me nearly 1.5 hrs to actually get into a game.

First, lots of games were 5/10 or even 3/10, and when I tried to join it would say server full. I would refresh and it would say 6/10 or something not full. Another problem I had was in the lobby screen, where once I couldn't chat and another person's chat was coming from my name. Also, I actually had a game start (lobby, 5.4.3.2.1..) and all I saw was the lobby screen, while my team kept asking me why I didn't pick a hero, why I was afk at the fountain, etc. When I finally got a game that started correctly, I wasn't given a choice for my hero (it was SD), so I randomed a hero.

I also don't understand the double loading time. You see a loading screen to get into a lobby, and then you see another loading screen to pick your hero and get into the game. Again, it probably was a underpowered netbook issue.

All in all, the game is good, but getting into the actual game was a huge headache.

i'm itching to try this game lol since i'm on linux. But might run like crap on my machine till i upgrade it here hopefully shortly.

I tried it, its pretty cool. The user interface is probably the best i have ever seen. Very fast and "snappy". You can add buddies, see if they are ingame etc etc just like steam. They have some new maps too, pretty fun.

Back