• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e800 backplate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AliasXNeo

Registered
Not sure if this is the right section, so correct me if it isn't.

I recently re-adjusted the stock heatsink on my Intel Core 2 Duo e800 and have been having problems getting it to sit properly back on the CPU. After some fiddling, I had it on pretty good and was getting 50-52 degree at idle, but as I slowly moved the case back into place I watched the temps rise until my mobo shutoff (safety mechanism). Obviously the heatsink had come loose again. After a couple more attempts I finally gave up, I just can't seem to get a solid connection (keeps coming loose).

The stock cooler didn't come with a backplate, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a backplate that works with the stock cooler? I don't currently have funds to buy a new cooler (unless it's really cheap) and my computer is basically useless until I can get a solid connection.

Any ideas?

Um, no offense but I thought in the other thread you said you had 500-1000$ to put into cooling, is a pretty dramatic difference in making responses :)

Um, no offense but I thought in the other thread you said you had 500-1000$ to put into cooling, is a pretty dramatic difference in making responses :)

I do :) The problem is, the Navy doesn't make the deposit until the beginning of september. I was just doing research now and building a list of materials so when I got my payment all I had to do was order the parts.

May I ask why you just don't put a few bucks into a good aftermarket air cooler like the Xigmatek black knight direct touch heatpipe tower cooler which comes with a bolt through back plate kit? You can get one of these for a bout $40 and it will outperform your stock cooler.

Back