• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help neded.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantom3000

Registered
I will buy asus p6t deluxe gaming motherboard and i think of putting 12 gb of ram in it so i don't know witch ram to use. I don't know how much voltage to use and so and im asking you to help me out.

Thanks.

99% of POWER users dont need 12gb of ram. Unless you are rendering some massive items with MANY MANY open programs along with it. 3x2gb(6GB) sticks will be just fine.

The stock voltage is determined by the stick you choose. Assuming you are in the USA, go to newegg.com and look up DDR3 1600, sort by 6GB (3x2gb) and choose.

thank by the way im not in usa.

And what with woltage i do not know will it burn my cpu (someone tol me it will if it is more thsn 1.6v)

Will this work OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1333LV6GK - Retail ( idont know will it work im not expert)

Last edited:
Oh for the CPU????? I would stay under 1.45 for 24/7 use. With an i7 920 which im guessing you have b/c you didnt mention it.

Oh for the CPU????? I would stay under 1.45 for 24/7 use. With an i7 920 which im guessing you have b/c you didnt mention it.
yup but i cant find anything good 1.45v and it is not 7/24 but it is turned on most time it is more like 11/05

Language barrier I think... :)

YOU change the volts on the CPU when overclocking. 1.25 is about the default voltage for the CPU. So you have .2v to raise to get your best overclocking. And I am talking 24/ 7 as far as your overclock, not how long the PC will be on.

:welcome: to the forums.

You need to be really careful when upping the volts. Do it very slowly and test the system each time for stability. If you do not plan to OC, then dont change any volts.

Go to the asus site and see if they have a memory compatibility list for that board. Most likely it will work fine, but doesnt hurt to check.

If its not on the list, you can give it a try, 8/10 times it will work fine.

I would read this guide before you attempt any kind of OCing. Its for C2D and Quads, but the principals are the same. Just use it as a basic reference and information.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316

:welcome: to the forums.

You need to be really careful when upping the volts. Do it very slowly and test the system each time for stability. If you do not plan to OC, then dont change any volts.

Go to the asus site and see if they have a memory compatibility list for that board. Most likely it will work fine, but doesnt hurt to check.

If its not on the list, you can give it a try, 8/10 times it will work fine.

I would read this guide before you attempt any kind of OCing. Its for C2D and Quads, but the principals are the same. Just use it as a basic reference and information.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=515316
i cannot find memory compatibility list anywhere can you please post link

Can i put more than 3 (3 are in pacage ) in future if i would need more than 3 and is kingston khk-fan hyperx memory cooling fan compatible with this.

Back