• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to reformat boot drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grishenko45

hi, im planning on getting win7 and doing a fresh install.....ive got 3 hdds but will unplug 2 and wipe the C drive for win7 - how am i supposed to reformat the boot drive when im using it to run xp, to wipe the drive - if you know what i mean!

The Windows 7 installer will give you the option to delete and create partitions on any drives it detects, and it will format the partition on which you choose to install the OS.

The Windows 7 installer will give you the option to delete and create partitions on any drives it detects, and it will format the partition on which you choose to install the OS.

So handy! o_O

Not knowing this, I could see myself just whipping out my Win98 bootdisk, reattaching a floppy drive to my setup, and doing it the (or my) old fashioned way... which was going to be my suggestion to the OP!

Next thing you know they'll figure out some way to make a monitor display more than 16 colors! :screwy:

Right, pretty much any modern OS gives the user some form of disk/partition management capability during the installation process.

Back